Thursday, February 24, 2011

Always Late but Worth the Wait...

..."Late" as in it's been two weeks since the Betsey show and I have YET to do any proper blogging about the experience. But shit has been CRAY CRAY even after the show is yesterday's news. I have honestly probably NEVER left the office before 7:30 pm since I started 6 weeks ago. And the best part about it is on a day like today, I sit on Illustrator/Photoshop all day, get home at 11pm and find myself on Illustrator just for fun. I think I've definitely gone to the dark side...

But on the real tip, I just had a moment of clarity today that I have learned a SHIT ton even in just the short time I've been @ Betsey. Again, I hate to beat a dead whorse but I am just overwhelmed with gratitude for having this experience come into my life. Everything is going so fucking well, I am STILL (a month and a half later) pinching myself daily that this is my life. I am so completely ecstatic and rejuvenated on life as a result of making the decision to come here.

Anyhow. Enough of the sappy bullshit. Enjoy some photos from the Fall 2011 Betsey show. <3 These are some of my favorite looks and my personal contribution to them. :)


....Absolutely love this acid wash group. (Added a hook and eye closure that was missing on this corset).


....Sourced the fur for this look in midtown Manhattan ...but sorry to break it to you... the super top secret go-to spots for faux fur are highly confidential. Insider shit. I'm sure you understand. :)


....Just did the CAD sketch for this jacket today, and am sourcing the felt flowers (used in the entire runway show) tomorrow in hopes that they can produce them.


LOVE this shit.


Another of my favorite looks from the show....


I hand stitched on the lace trim on the sleeves and hem of this coat.


...Also sourced the fur for this coat. You don't want to know the price per yard. It's completely fucking ridiculous.




...Again, handled finding all the fur for these (which Betsey and team LOVED). Char: 10, Other Interns: 0.



...And the task of scouring midtown Manhattan in search of the perfect vintage lace (used on this dress) put me in the "in" crowd with the new Design Director. Holler!


And at a total tie for 1st place in my book for favorite look, feast your eyes on these fuckin' broads....




And the debut of the new Diffusion line "Pink Patch", modeled by the lovely works of Betsey Johnson...


Petra (Public Relations Assistant).


Lizzie (Design Assistant, Freelance). Cutest Brit I've ever met.



Gina (Design Associate). Love this bitch.


Heather, the homegirl. Probably the most bitchin' chick I've met in New York so far. (Design Assistant // Partner in Crime)


Ashley (Graphic Designer)....





Betsey's famous for her whimsical sketching style and handwriting... so she always makes colorful fun signs that go backstage at the shows. I had the lovely task of going out a few days before the show to restock on her specifically requested markers to make these signs. The day before the show, I was hand sewing at the table and Betsey is sitting next to me drawing these signs, when she says in reference to another designer who's show would be the following day....

"Do you think Carolina Hererra is coloring signs right now?" --Betsey Johnson

Fucking love her.



The hot shit.



Model cards I slaved over until wee hours of the morning the weekend before the show....


Giftbags. One thousand and fifty of them to be exact with about 20 hours of labor and a team of ten people involved in putting them together and putting them pristinely on each seat at the show. Before the doors officially opened, 7 gift bags were swiped. GHETTTTTTTTTO.







Ummmm yea. BJ kinda does rock a lil' bit. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment