Friday, March 27, 2009

Saturation Nation.

When I was in college I considered for a moment being a buyer... seems fun enough, right? You just pick what you like and order it on some one else's dime. WRONG. Maybe it's because I'm a designer at heart, but getting the consistent stream of catalogs and linesheets from unknown's trying to bust in with their super unoriginal bullshit really takes a toll on a girl. I guess I was "young and naive" in my college fashion school days.... This job in particular has opened my eyes to how extremely saturated the streetwear market is. It's very disheartening to me. I don't know why. It just feels like everyone in the world has a clothing company. It's all the same shit. Most of it has no real premise. Really makes me wonder where my place is in all of this. Since I was 5 years old all I've ever wanted to be was a fashion designer. But this kind of shit makes me want to run for the hills. Tortured artist or mislead young and confused adult? Please observe the trainwreck. Unfortunately this is only one of many that I am rejecting on the daily.




Agh. C'mon guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment